Businesses today are moving to containers and Kubernetes to improve delivery metrics, accelerate digital transformation, and decrease time to market. This transition to a modern application framework often leaves businesses struggling with challenges — from having to balance between streamlining the delivery of critical applications and infrastructure with delivering meaningful results to their customers and shareholders.
Powered by the Platform9’s Managed Kubernetes (PMK) solution, Rackspace Managed Platform for Kubernetes (MPK) solves for these common customer challenges by providing a:
- Single pane of glass for deploying and managing clusters across public and private clouds
- Curated platform experience that provides frequently requested infrastructure services for containerized applications with a high degree of Kubernetes security
- Specialized support team comprised of Certified Kubernetes Administrators versed in Kubernetes, Platform9, and multicloud
A pod includes a small group of CKA-certified Engineers, a Lead Architect, and an Engagement Manager who work together as a unit to deliver on the following activities:
- Design and deployment MPK
- Operations management of the entire stack using infrastructure as code
- Monitoring, alerting, and response for the cluster, cluster services, and underlying infrastructure
- Platform upgrade assistance for all Infrastructure Applications and Kubernetes features alongside supported cluster services
- Conformance enforcement to ensure clusters are properly configured and conform to official Kubernetes specifications
- Performance optimization to establish and maintain performance targets through routine audits, analysis, and resulting recommendations
- Security management through timely upgrades, sound identity posture, container image scanning, runtime security, and network protection
By design, Kubernetes offers portability across clouds. Using Kubernetes, we will help you easily move your container-based applications across multiple clouds and environments, enabling greater flexibility and helping to accelerate speed to market.
The Rackspace Managed Platform for Kubernetes includes support for Rackspace Hosted Kubernetes on Bare Metal, AWS EKS, and support for Azure Kubernetes Service and GCP GKE coming soon.
The Rackspace Kubernetes Stack provides customers with a consistent set of technologies across all their clusters for repeatable and scalable deployments.
At the core of the stack, you’ll find the Infrastructure, Certified, and Catalog application categories.
Infrastructure Applications are fully integrated into MPK's software with one-click virtual machine deployments and managed upgrades.
Certified Applications are deployable through MPK's software, but integration is more limited with lifecycle activities managed by Rackspace and the customer.
Catalog Apps are commonly open source and limited to community support. We deliberately defined this category because we realize that no two customers are alike and it is critical that MPK allows for some level of customization.
We secure the technology stack from the infrastructure to the Kubernetes cluster, including the containers running inside the cluster and the additional services required to run applications. Rackspace Technology takes care of it, so you do not have to.
Based on the same technology that allows Google to run billions of containers each week, Kubernetes can easily scale to meet the needs of even the fastest growing enterprise.
Kubernetes Certified Service Provider
500+ Kubernetes Clusters Managed
50+ Certified Kubernetes Administrators (CKA)
Power Your Advantage
Discover related solutions to help you achieve smarter business outcomes.
Amazon Web Services
Experience how AWS’s leading-edge cloud capabilities can help you work smarter, lower costs and innovate with agility.
Google Cloud Platform
Get proactive support and always-on expertise so you can maximize your investment in Google Cloud.
Solve cloud challenges with a managed Microsoft Azure solution that helps you build new revenue streams, increase efficiency and deliver incredible experiences.
Tap into the full benefits of the cloud by building applications with cloud native technologies, modern architectures and automated development workflows.
Cloud Adoption and Migration
Adopt clouds and ease migration to accelerate innovation and optimize performance.
Learn more about how we’re solving with Kubernetes-as-a-Service.
Ready to get started?
Fill out the form to be connected to one of our experts.